21 April 2010

Elise Trophy 2010 - part 1

While Ash and Ben were off watching some figure skating or something the other weekend, I was down at Silverstone doing some proper motorsport. My friend Stu is competing in the Lotus on Track Elise Trophy this year, this was his first event of the season, and I'm spannering for him. This was ours and Ben Pitch's base for the day, DP (lol) Motorsport -




Seeing as Ash was away, you'll have to make do with my crap phone pictures: I just snapped a few while I was wondering through the paddock to watch the races and wait for Stu to come in. The Elise Trophy was supporting Formula 2 and the GT Cup races so there was no shortage of rich bastards, which meant there was large quantities of awesome hanging around:
















Oh yes, that is an Alfa 8C hiding there!




Questionable private plate - I couldn't decide if this was pride or taking the piss:




There were some great other series there as well as the Lotus guys - the Abarth Championship, Toyo Saloons, Production BMWs, even some Vintage on the Sunday. The paddock was overflowing with race cars from all eras, you could walk along and spend a couple of million mental quid without trying too hard.


















The white E30 in the petrol station caught my eye, one of the tidiest cars there




Snapped this on the way out after a couple of days work in the baking sun. Off she goes, put back to bed for a few weeks before coming out again for another good spanking. Should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment