5 October 2009

Mazda on Track

So on Friday me and Ash ratchet strapped a couple of shit wheels to the MX5 and headed down to an airfield day. Student-budget-friendly as it was the first time running at a new venue, I bagged a place and since missing out on a Ring trip with the prolonged gaying about on the car, this became the target date to get it sorted.



We rocked up and got signed on, did the safety briefing and then a couple of sighting laps. These were more useful than normal as it's not a massive area and from the start line it's hard to make out where the course goes. Some people still managed to get lost during the day though!



I've done a day run by Mazda on Track before - I know a couple of the guys involved, one being the previous owner of the MX5 - and it was great fun. Only times I've seen where the safety briefings encourage everyone to be "flamboyant". Big fat thumbs up in my book.



Most people started off driving normally, but we had brought shit tyres with us for a reason!











Even though it's a 'Mazda on Track' event, anything and everything is allowed, so it's awesome to have a bit of variety instead of endless bloody MX5s!









The Beemer is cool as hell. I recognised it from the Bovington charity trackday, although I couldn't figure where at the time. I'd love an M Coupe!





My car was holding up really well:







There was more cool stuff lurking, Al's yellow PS13 and Oli's sweet 260Z weren't running, but Father Clark's Fisher Fury certainly was, and quickly too!







Josh was giving his 205 absolute death, most commitment of anyone there I reckon. Bloody entertaining aswell!



And it didn't take long for almost everyone with RWD to start making full use of the loud pedal.











Quite a few sets of tyres were dead by the end of the afternoon, but well worth the effort. It was a pretty chilled day and everyone had a good laugh!













No comments:

Post a Comment